Our Herronton Sky rug presents a classic herringbone stripe pattern adding subtle sophistication to your floor. Offering a casual appeal this flatweave rug is woven from 100% pure wool ideal for durability. Texture and soft coloration will evoke a fresh appeal.
Tully Sky Custom Size Area Rug
Wool carpets have outstanding easycare properties. Flame resistance, stain resistance and resiliency are characteristics inherent of wool and are not achievable by chemical treatments. The high moisture content of wool fibers, along with its protein constituents, provide wool carpets with excellent natural flame resistance. Wool fibers with not support combustion, are difficult to ignite and are self-extinguishable. The surface of a wool fiber is covered by a thin protective membrane which allows wool the ability to shed water. This membrane prevents water from readily penetrating the individual wool fibers.
Tho loom is a structure that allows area rugs to be woven by holding the warp strands taut. This time honored, hand crafted product has a natural beauty with inherent variations, irregularities, and inconsistencies. The loops may be inconsistent and vary in thickness and height. Flat weave is a method of weaving in which no knots are used. The weft strands are simply passed through the warp strands.
1. Use the handheld attachment to vacuum your rug. High powered vacuums can pull threads out of the back of tugs and cause sprouts.
2. Turn the beater bar off on your vacuum, or if it can not be turned off have it on the highest setting. Beater bar can pull fibers from the face of the rug or they can cause the face of your rug to fuzz
3. Carefully place your vacuum on the edge of the rug. The serging on the edges of rugs are very sensitive. Running the vacuum over the edges can cause the serging to deteriorate and fibers can come loose around the edges.
4. Use the handheld attachment to clean edges.
5. Brooms and sweepers are a great, gentle way to clean your rug. Canister vacuums without beater bars are the most effective.
Recommended Care and Cleaning of rugs: If you spill on a rug, clean it immediately. Once the stain is set in it becomes more difficult to clean. Never rub a spill as it forces the spill deeper into the rug. Blot with a clean white cloth. Luxe Home Company recommends only the use of Woolite or other compatible Carpet Cleaner for the cleaning of all rugs. The cleaning process should involve applying the Woolite with a soft bristle brush, rinsing the water, and extracting with a vacuum or extractor. The rug should then be dried by air or low temperature hair dryer. Luxe Home Company does not guarantee that these methods work and should be used as a guideline only. If in doubt, call a reputable cleaner.