Once you sink your feet into our shag rugs, you will never want to leave. Shag rugs have made a comeback in design style in a big way whether it’s contemporary, eclectic or even traditional! Achieve a warm, comfortable, livable feel with lots of texture.
Due to its good resilience, abrasion retention, durability and color retention, Nylon is an excellent choice for rug construction fiber. This fiber is incredibly soft, cleans well and is resistant to matting and wear.
Fabricated by pushing surface yarns through a previously constructed sheet of primary backing to which the secondary back is laminated. Cut-Pile is a smooth classic finish often known as “velour” or “velvet” pile, ideal for bringing a luxurious and sensual feel to rooms. The tops of the loops of wool are cut and the yarn is twisted and set to produce tufts of yarn that stand upright and produce a smooth, even surface.
1. Use the handheld attachment to vacuum your rug. High powered vacuums can pull threads out of the back of tugs and cause sprouts.
2. Turn the beater bar off on your vacuum, or if it can not be turned off have it on the highest setting. Beater bar can pull fibers from the face of the rug or they can cause the face of your rug to fuzz.
3. Carefully place your vacuum on the edge of the rug. The serging on the edges of rugs are very sensitive. Running the vacuum over the edges can cause the serging to deteriorate and fibers can come loose around the edges.
4. Use the handheld attachment to clean edges.
5. Brooms and sweepers are a great, gentle way to clean your rug. Canister vacuums without beater bars are the most effective.
Recommended Care and Cleaning of rugs: If you spill on a rug, clean it immediately. Once the stain is set in it becomes more difficult to clean. Never rub a spill as it forces the spill deeper into the rug. Blot with a clean white cloth. Luxe Home Company recommends only the use of Woolite or other compatible Carpet Cleaner for the cleaning of all rugs. The cleaning process should involve applying the Woolite with a soft bristle brush, rinsing the water, and extracting with a vacuum or extractor. The rug should then be dried by air or low temperature hair dryer. Luxe Home Company does not guarantee that these methods work and should be used as a guideline only. If in doubt, call a reputable cleaner.