Made with sustainable materials
Natural surface pile
Natural primary and secondary backings
Low VOC content (wool is a natural air purifier)
Undyed natural surface
No artificial color treatments
Wool and other natural fibers used in construction are biodegradable
Does not promote growth of bacteria or dust mites
Naturally resistant to water based stains
Wool is naturally flame retardant
New Zealand wool a superb natural product produced in an environmentally responsible, energy-efficient and safe way. The well-known high quality of New Zealand wool is based on long-term investment in scientific sheep breeding, as well as agricultural land management techniques. This ensures that New Zealand wool is consistently of uniform quality, free from vegetable and chemical contaminants, and is the cleanest, whitest wool available, enabling the widest ranges of different yarn and rug styles to be produced.
Tho loom is a structure that allows area rugs to be woven by holding the warp strands taut. This time honored, hand crafted product has a natural beauty with inherent variations, irregularities, and inconsistencies. The loops may be inconsistent and vary in thickness and height.
1. Use the handheld attachment to vacuum your rug. High powered vacuums can pull threads out of the back of tugs and cause sprouts.
2. Turn the beater bar off on your vacuum, or if it can not be turned off have it on the highest setting. Beater bar can pull fibers from the face of the rug or they can cause the face of your rug to fuzz
3. Carefully place your vacuum on the edge of the rug. The serging on the edges of rugs are very sensitive. Running the vacuum over the edges can cause the serging to deteriorate and fibers can come loose around the edges.
4. Use the handheld attachment to clean edges.
5. Brooms and sweepers are a great, gentle way to clean your rug. Canister vacuums without beater bars are the most effective.
Recommended Care and Cleaning of rugs: If you spill on a rug, clean it immediately. Once the stain is set in it becomes more difficult to clean. Never rub a spill as it forces the spill deeper into the rug. Blot with a clean white cloth. Luxe Home Company recommends only the use of Woolite or other compatible Carpet Cleaner for the cleaning of all rugs. The cleaning process should involve applying the Woolite with a soft bristle brush, rinsing the water, and extracting with a vacuum or extractor. The rug should then be dried by air or low temperature hair dryer. Luxe Home Company does not guarantee that these methods work and should be used as a guideline only. If in doubt, call a reputable cleaner.