Having a hard time finding the perfect size rug for your space? Great room and bedrooms are getting larger and larger. Some smaller sized spaces have strict size requirements, but still call for a gorgeous floor covering. Luxe Home Company makes custom easy!
This rug can be cut and sewn to almost any size. We have pre-priced a large selection of sizes.
Due to its good resilience, abrasion retention, durability and color retention, Nylon is an excellent choice for rug construction fiber. This fiber is incredibly soft, cleans well and is resistant to matting and wear.
One of the basic weaves that originated in the 1700’s in the town of Axminster, England. The pile tufts are anchored by stiff weft shots of jute, kraftcord, or synthetic fibers running across the width of the area rug or carpet. The surface yarns are usually cut and of one height. They are woven in geometric and floral patterns in combinations of colors and patterns.
Recommended Care and Cleaning of rugs: If you spill on a rug, clean it immediately. Once the stain is set in it becomes more difficult to clean. Never rub a spill as it forces the spill deeper into the rug. Blot with a clean white cloth. Luxe Home Company recommends only the use of Woolite or other compatible Carpet Cleaner for the cleaning of all wool only rugs. The cleaning process should involve applying the Woolite with a soft bristle brush, rinsing the water, and extracting with a vacuum or extractor. The rug should then be dried by air or low temperature hair dryer. Luxe Home Company does not guarantee that these methods work and should be used as a guideline only. If in doubt, call a reputable cleaner.
Please visit our showroom:
Luxe Home Company
126 Village Boulevard
Princeton, NJ 08540
Monday-Saturday 10-6, Sunday 12-5
We currently only take custom rug orders through our showroom. We would love to answer your questions
1. Use the handheld attachment to vacuum your rug. High powered vacuums can pull threads out of the back of tugs and cause sprouts.
2. Turn the beater bar off on your vacuum, or if it can not be turned off have it on the highest setting. Beater bar can pull fibers from the face of the rug or they can cause the face of your rug to fuzz
3. Carefully place your vacuum on the edge of the rug. The serging on the edges of rugs are very sensitive. Running the vacuum over the edges can cause the serging to deteriorate and fibers can come loose around the edges.
4. Use the handheld attachment to clean edges.
5. Brooms and sweepers are a great, gentle way to clean your rug. Canister vacuums without beater bars are the most effective.
No two rugs are the same. Slight color variations are common for handmade rugs, as dye lots may change over a period of time.
All wool rugs will shed. Shedding will subside over time, depending on traffic and wear. It typically takes 20-25 vacuums, at a minimum, to curtail shedding. Some will shed for the lifetime of the rug.
If your rug has been rolled or folded for shipping, it may include creases. Creases should disappear within a week or two when the rug is laid out flat. Reverse rolling the rug overnight will help.
Loose fibers, or sprouts, are a normal part of the break-in process of handmade rugs. To remove sprouts, use a small pair of scissors to snip them off even with the pile. Do not pull the fiber out, as this can cause a deterioration of the backing.
If exposed to direct sunlight, rug colors typically fade over time, even if they are fade resistant.
As a general rule, rugs of all materials and constructions should be rotated every 3-6 months to balance color and evenly distribute wear.