Assistant Interior Designer
Luxe Home Company is seeking a talented interior design assistant to join our team. This is a full-time in-person position. Learn the interior design business while honing communication, multi-tasking, organization, research, and problem-solving skills.
You will be provided comprehensive training on the job with hands-on experience assisting clients in creating their dream homes. Training topics will involve essential soft skills for client-facing, furniture industry knowledge, technical capabilities, and business expertise. You will work closely with designers while addressing real business and client needs.
We are Princeton’s premiere Furniture and Design Store offering high quality furniture and complete design services. We are a style and design driven company and we are proud to have partnered with great manufacturers who are driven by the same. As a family owned and operated business, we believe in building long term relationships with our clientele. We have long-term relationships with our employees and are proud to say that they are very dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Communicate with clients regularly about orders and delivery updates
- Communicate with vendors to ensure timely and accurate production of orders
- Answer customer & vendor phone calls
- Handle non-sale client related issues
- Assist front end sales operations when showroom is busy or when needed
- Handle damage, warranty, and delivery issues with clients
- Maintain relationship with clients
- Ensure accuracy of special orders
- Process orders with manufacturers
- Process damage/ warranty claims with manufacturers.
- Coordinate deliveries with delivery service
- Accurately charge all open balances due from clients
- Enter and maintain accurately info in our Point-of-Sale System
- Assist sales staff with product research
- Update sales staff on production times and any special-order issues
- Assist store owners & business administrator with special projects
- Ability to build customer loyalty and confidence using a progressive approach to meeting and exceeding the clients’ needs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to be articulate, diplomatic, and persuasive.
- Strong organizational skills, including setting priorities, processing information quickly and managing a variety of responsibilities at the same time.
- Proficient computer skills- must be comfortable with using a Point-of-Sale system, Microsoft Excel, Word, Email, etc.
- Customer service experience
- Furniture experience and/or Interior Design knowledge
- Minimum 2 years college
What we offer
- Tuesday – Saturday 10-6 in-person work schedule
- 50-55K salary
- Small group of friendly, dedicated, supportive and professional co-workers